What you didn’t know about your brain?
We all know, that brain is one of the most important things that we have in our body. Without brain we won’t be able to breath and live. The brain is an organ that serves as the center of the nervous system in all vertebrate and most invertebrate animals. Only a few invertebrates such as sponges, jellyfish, adult sea squirts and starfish do not have a brain; diffuse or localized nerve nets are instead of brain.These are facts that are well known, but what about the tings that are not so well known?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We gathered 15 awesome facts about brain, that you had no idea about!
1. Lack of oxygen in your brain for 5-10 minutes leads to permanent damage of the brain.
2. Brain grows till the age of 40.
3. Every time you make a memory, a new neuron connections are created.
4. Brain uses up to 20% of all oxygen and all blood in your body.
5. There is a virus that can attack your DNA and it will make you less intelligent. It also affects ability to learn and memory.
6. When you are awake, you brain can create enough electricity to light up small bulb.
7. Violence has the same effect on children’s brain as soldiers who are in war.
8. 60% of brain is fat.
9. Strict diet can cause brain to be hungry and it will start “eating” itself.
10. Brain has got similar consistency to tofu.
11. Forgetting things is very good. If you forget unnecessary things you help your brain be better form.
13. Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia – that is the science term for “ice-cream headache”.
14. It is myth that both, left and right, hemispheres don’t work together. They are connected.
15. Half of human brain can be taken out without any permanent damage on personality and memory.
Please let us know your thoughts and opinions regarding the "15 Awesome Facts About Your Brain
Like this article? Just click the up-arrow:
Please let us know your thoughts and opinions regarding the "15 Awesome Facts About Your Brain" article in the comment section below. We’ll be reading and responding to your comments.
If you like our content and would like to read more, make sure you visit and follow Tech and Facts on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest to be updated every time we post new articles on the site.