Top 10 Facts of Burj Khalifa Dubai:
1. The Burj Khalifa Dubai is at 824.55 meters the world’s tallest man-made structure & skyscraper in Dubai.
2. More than 12,000 people will occupy the building’s 6 million square feet. Residential apartments number 1,044.
3. Special amenities include a 15,000 square foot fitness facility, a cigar club, the highest mosque in the world (on the 158th floor), the highest observation deck in the world (on the 124th floor) and the highest swimming pool in the world (on the 76th floor), as well as the first Armani Hotel in the world.
4. The Burj is expected to consume 946,000 litres (or 250,000 gallons) of water a day.
5. Electricity consumption is expected to peak at 50 MVA, or the equivalent of 500,000 100-watt bulbs burning simultaneously.
6. The Burj has 54 elevators. They can speed up to 65km an hour (40 mph)
The equivalent of 100,000 elephants’ worth of concrete was used during construction.
7. 31,400 metric tons of steel rebar used in the structure.
8. 28,261 glass cladding panels cover the exterior of the tower, each panel cut by hand and installed by Chinese cladding specialists.
9. 12,000 workers were employed at the site at peak construction. Three workers died while working on the site.
10. The total number of residential apartments inside Burj Dubai is 1,044.
[sc:end t=”The World’s Tallest Tower”]
Comments are closed.